Thursday, November 15, 2012

tidbits

-i started back weight watchers on monday and started back crossfit last week.  i stopped taking some medicines in september and since then my body is all "WHOA!!! what do you think youre doing?!?!" and i gained weight like crazy.  so far, i have lost about 3lbs.  only 15 more to go! ha.

-today i have to present to the vice president of my product service line, a guy who is two steps away from the president of halliburton.  NBD. 

-we have been married 6 months! (and 3 days....) the first 6 months was good but hard.  we had some family tragedies, some good vacations, some whopper fights, and some happy days. we started two new jobs, started back working out, and tried to make some healthy changes.  here's to the next 6 months!

-one of my best friends is getting married in march!!  eee! i am getting really excited. i am her matron of honor and i get to be in charge of the couples shower and the bachelorette party.  hello, pinterest marathon. 



-we are painting and overhauling our entire house.  hes moving his office, i am moving the dining room, we are painting the living room and bedroom, getting new furniture. i feel like we both have an internal list that we want to accomplish in the next 6-8 months before we really feel settled into marriage and stuff.  its weird. do other couples feel like that? for us, we want to get the house in order, pay off some credit card debt, get a little healthier, buy a boat, and go on some rad vacations before we start thinking about kids.  its like a mental checklist or something. 


-tonight my mom and i are going to a book signing for sherry and john from younghouselove. if you dont read it, you totally should.  love them! i am so excited! (and nerdy.)

til next time!

kristin

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you've got a lot going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is super random, and probably the worst way to communicate with you, but I am desperate. I am getting married at the Antique Rose Emporium Dec. 1, and I stumbled onto your Style Me Pretty posting, and then your personal blog as I was researching the rose emporoium. I have been struggling with a backdrop for the chapel, and I really love the L-O-V-E banner that was at yours. Is there any way you would be willing to sell it?

    If you are totally weirded out by this I understand, but my email is bridget.cooper33@gmail.com if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a comment!