Thursday, November 15, 2012

engaged and underaged.

our engagement story....pulled from my old blog


Our little house in Fredericksburg

 


Our proposal story is actually a story about me being a huge brat and Oliver putting up with me.  Basically the story of our whole relationship! :o)  We were going to Fredericksburg for our 3 year anniversary, (surprise trip planned by yours truly) and on the way there, we were fighting because I thought that he hadn't done anything for our anniversary.  I had packed all of the bags and taken care of the arrangements, and the only thing that he put in the car was his stupid laptop bag from work.


Well, on the way to Fredericksburg, we argued the entire way, ranging from the way we should get there (I took I-10 for some reason, and even though he didn't know where we were going, he thought we should take 290), to where we would stop for lunch, to him working too much, etc. You get the picture.


first arriving at the house

 
Finally, about 4.5 hours later, we arrived in Fredericksburg and got the keys to our little cottage off Main Street. When we walked into the cottage, it was SO cute and shabby chic, I couldn't keep being mad at him, so I decided to just get over it and try to have a good weekend. He suggested that we run up to Wal-Mart to get some essentials for the house, so while we were there, we passed the jewlery counter, and I told him "You can make up forgetting the anniversary if you just bought me a ring right now" thinking that he would probably laugh, or gag, or run the other way, which is what he usually did when I talked about rings.  Instead, he pulled me towards the counter and said "Fine, prove it. Is this really what you want? A wal mart ring?"  And I said, " whatever it takes!!" 


So we ended up leaving without a ring (thank goodness!) and went back to the house.  We decided to have some beer (him) and wine (me) and get in the jacuzzi.  He played some Jack Johnson and I was finally unwinding after being so uptight all day when he got out to "get some more wine".  He came back with something behind his back and a weird grin on his face, and him being Oliver, I thought it was just a practical joke, like he was going to throw a frog in there or something.






the tub!

 
Lo and behold, he came around to the side of the tub and got on one knee, and said "titi, will you marry me?" with one of our favorite Jack songs playing in the background.  It was the perfect moment and of course I started crying and shaking all over.  After I got out and got dried off, we started calling all of our friends and family, all of which had NO CLUE that he was going to propose.  The only ones that knew were our friends Kyle and Rachael, and I had actually called Rachael that morning to complain about Oliver, not knowing he had picked up the ring the night before! 





 
right after


Anyway, that is our story, so we will definitley be going back to the house for our one year wedding anniversary to relive the moment.  :o)






later that night at a local bar

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment!