Tuesday, February 25, 2014

bump watch: 17 weeks

Sorry I have been slacking with this.  I am just having a hard time doing the pictures regularly! I like the idea of doing the pictures in the same dress at the same location, but....that just might not happen.  Maybe I will get the hang of it soon.  And maybe I will add a picture to this tonight or something.

Anyway......today I am 16 weeks, 6 days.  So, 17 weeks tomorrow. WOOHOO!!!


Overall, I am feeling (physically) pretty good.  Mentally is a whole other ball game.  My hormones are RAGING OUT OF CONTROL and I can go from happy to mad to crying in about 4 minutes flat.  (Just ask Oliver...poor guy.) I always thought PMS was bad. It's got nothing on pregnancy hormones. It doesn't help that I have a lot going on at work.  Intern interviews are this Thursday and Friday, and I have over 70 candidates coming for that.  I also am switching roles at work to move into a Project Manager/client facing role, so there's a little added stress there.  But, all in all, things are going well.

I actually have been sleeping pretty well. If I am home and go through my routine (bath, reading, quiet time, Harley snuggles) I can fall asleep and stay asleep. I do have to get up and pee about 4x before I fall asleep, and usually once in the middle of the night as well.  Then as soon as I wake up, I have to go again.  I have been having the craziest dreams too!

I have been feeling baby flutters/movement since about 15 weeks, but wasn't 100% sure that it was the baby.  Now, 2 weeks later, they are more consistent (every day after lunch) and I know that its the baby.  So weird and cool to feel it move!

I have officially gained 2 pounds so far, but I weigh myself every day at home (bad, I know) and it fluctuates up and down from that throughout the week. I have a ton of maternity clothes that my mom, MIL, and cousin bought me, but I haven't worn anything from the collection yet besides a dress (and it doesn't really look too maternity.) Today at work I am rocking my belly band for the first time because these pants just don't want to close!  :)

The baby at 17 weeks is the size of an onion, and the skeleton is hardening and fat is accumulating. We would definitely be able to tell in an ultrasound if its a boy or girl, but we will not find out until March 18th!! Stay tuned for that. :)

iPhone selfie...Oliver has a dinner tonight. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a comment!